Welcome to the Xerxys Operating System Project!
This project was started in October 2005 by some former Nucleus developers. We are doing this, because we think it is cool to have an OS coded by ourselves ;). We'd like to see some concepts we had in mind for a long time running and working. It is not our intention to replace the more encouraged OS projects or commercial products - for now :)
Make it new and make it right:
- Small, simple, stable, secure (magic four 's') kernel (called Nucleus) with a highly portable API.
- The only native process is a Virtual Machine (called Xam) that executes IL (Intermediate Language) executables (currently Java, far later perhaps Proceed...).
- Drivers, Deamons and all other processes are coded in Java (or another language that can be compiled to Java Byte Code) and run on the Virtual Machine.
- Well documented source and structure.
- Xerxys' source is published under GPLv3 OpenSource license.
Note: The following release has no real functionality, it is just a proof-of-concept.